Wednesday 11 November 2015

Define Yourself as a Writer

I don't know where to start. If I had to sum it up in one word, it would have been easier. I would like to believe that whatever said and done, I'm an honest writer. That does not imply that I write everything that I feel is right or anything that pleases me. It just means that while writing I try to keep my emotions as clear as possible. I don't hide anything and I never write something with which I don't completely agree with. Even when I write a fictional piece of writing, there is somewhere a pinch of reality. As far as the genre is concerned, I really don't know how to categorize my writings. I write humor, satire, romance, mystery and any other so called genre. There is no one genre or category in which my writings would presumably fall. That is why my blog comes under the 'Other' category every time I fill an online form or survey.
There is this one feeling that I encounter after writing a piece,that I am very embarrassed about- to make someone read it immediately. It's like after I finish writing and edit and proof read, I call my best friend right there to read it out to her. I don't know if that's mature or not, but I like feedback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment